UNITY T.R.I.P. PROGRAM
To provide the families of Unity Christian School an opportunity to reduce their tuition through the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (T.R.I.P.). Through the T.R.I.P. program, gift/merchandise certificates are purchased from participating food and retail stores at a discount. The discount, or credit, that is earned is passed on to Unity families registered to participate in the program as a reduction of their tuition paid.
1. TRIP will run weekly during the school year, except for normally scheduled school vacations. Watch for date changes during those times. TRIP will normally be held weekly during the summer at the discretion of the committee. Any questions about TRIP should be directed to the TRIP coordinators, Donna Holesinger (309-887-4892) or Patti Rock (563-242-0382).
2. You will be assigned an account number. Family or friends may help you with your tuition reduction by submitting their orders on your order form OR they may participate in the program by registering and receiving their own account number. They may choose to direct their earnings to the following:
- to the tuition of a specific Unity Christian School family
- to the General Tuition Assistance Fund at Unity
Parents looking to the future and planning for the Christian Education of their young children at Unity Christian School can also participate. These families will be assigned an account number and the moneys earned will be held by UCS TRIP until their child is enrolled as a student at UCS.
3. All certificate orders must be accompanied by checks made payable to Unity TRIP. Checks only please! These checks are non-tax deductible because participants receive dollar for dollar value. The back of the checks will be stamped “Unity TRIP Account - Not for Tax Purposes”. If the check is for the incorrect amount, we reserve the right to change any dollar amount increments and credit your account accordingly. Also, anyone writing a non-sufficient fund (NSF) check will incur a fee of $20 to be paid to TRIP. After two NSF checks are tendered on your TRIP account, your TRIP ordering privileges will require a money order for the remainder of the school year.
4. The percentage earned on each participating family’s account will be held by TRIP. The accounts are reviewed in December and June of each year and payouts occur at this time only to those with an account balance of $20 or more. A statement of tuition credit will be given to everyone at the time of payout. Any accounts with balances less than $20 will be held until the next review and payout period. Any discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the TRIP coordinator within 45 days of the statement date.
5. TRIP is being offered to promote Christian Education at Unity Christian School. If your child(ren) no longer will attend Unity Christian School, the moneys held under your account can be:
a. applied to your outstanding tuition balance,
b. applied to another family’s tuition,
c. applied to the General Tuition Assistance Fund or
d. held for future use.
A written notice must be received within sixty days of the time the child(ren) leave the school for you to have a choice. Otherwise, the funds will be applied to the General Tuition Assistance Fund. When your last child has graduated from Unity High School, you are entitled to a final check for the total amount held in your T.R.I.P. account.
6. A Disclaimer of Responsibility form must be signed before certificates will be released to your child or mailed to you. These forms will be kept on file. Your child will only receive the envelope with certificates ordered under your account number. Please inform the TRIP Coordinators at the beginning of the school year if any changes are to be made.
7. Completed order forms may be dropped off at either school office any day during school business hours. Completed order forms are due as follows: Grade school - by 10:30 AM and High School - by 11:00 AM on Thursdays. No late orders will be accepted, but can be held until the next week. Filled orders (along with new order forms) will be available for pickup on Thursday at Bargain Bonanza
between 11:45 AM and 12:45 PM. Filled orders are sent to the grade school after 2:00 PM for those families with a signed Disclaimer of Responsibility. After that time, they can be picked up at the High School office during regular school hours.
8. The gift certificates are the same as cash. NEITHER UNITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL NOR TRIP WILL ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST OR MISPLACED CERTIFICATES.
9. Please use check or money order as it is hard to track cash. With checks and money orders, we have a name that can be tracked to an order form.
10. Please be sure you are using a current order sheet as it changes often. When filling out your order, put the dollar amount in the column not the number of certificates. Make sure you check the expiration dates on the certificates when you receive them.